Hello bookish people !
MY FIRST EVER SUBSCRIPTION BOX !!
I was supposed to be on a book buying ban, but instead, I ended up buying a book subscription box and other merch. I will do a separate post about the 2 other things I bought. I wanted the subscription box unboxing to be a separate post because it’ll be comparatively longer.
The Big Book Box is a monthly subscription box service based in Delhi, India (Fyi non-Indians and NRIs, they do have international shipping). Their boxes are named after different types of coffee – frappe, espresso, cappuccino and mocha. With frappe being the least expensive and mocha being the most expensive.
They also have a travel themed box, a tiny tot’s box and a Harry Potter fan box.
Their theme for the June box was “So there is this boy…”. I bought their espresso box which cost 1500 rupees and it was totally worth the price. The Espresso Box usually contains a newly released paperback and a hardcover book but this time they added an extra book. Those of you who follow me on instagram must’ve seen the overall unboxing pic.
The newly released paperback was “Release” by Patrick Ness. Since I don’t read a lot of YA, this is my first ever Patrick Ness book. (Please don’t kill me YA readers).
The hardcover book was the puffin V&A edition of “Anne of Green Gables”. Isn’t it just beautiful ?
The 3rd book they added was a digitally autographed copy of “Looking for the rainbow” by Ruskin Bond, who’s one of my most favourite authors of all time. I don’t care what he writes, if the book has his name on it, I’ll buy it. The book is a memoir of his times with his father and it’s beautifully illustrated. If you read my father’s day post and liked the quote picture in it, the quote was from this book.
Now on to the goodies –
- An author letter from Ruskin Bond. This is a dream come true. I know it’s a general letter to the subscribers, but it’s handwritten and I’ve never been happier about any letter I’ve ever received.
- A severus snape funko pop. It’s my first ever funko pop and it’s so cute. I’ve been admiring the funko ever since I got it. My mom obviously thinks I’ve gone mad !
- A beautiful pendant inspired by catherine from vampire diaries. I don’t watch vampire diaries, neither have I read the books. So I cannot fangirl over this like others 😅, but it’s definitely a very beautiful pendant and I still love it.
- 3 beautiful magnetic bookmarks with Ruskin Bond quotes on them. (You can see them on the pic of the letter)
- 2 puffin classics postcard. I love the peter pan postcard. It’s just too pretty.
- 3 bookish badges with quotes on them.
- A quote card with a quote from Ari and Dante discover the universe, which is luckily on my TBR, so will read it soon.
- A Rhysand inspired bookish candle. Again, I have no clue what Rhysand is 🙈 😅 (problem with not reading YA) but the candle is lovely.
- Barbeque flavoured potato crisps from Jacker. Which tasted fine, but I’m a stereotypical Indian in terms of my love for spicy food. I need more spice on my crisps.
- Barefoot Sunshine, their in-house bi-monthly magazine which contains the latest news from the book world and short stories etc by the subscribers.
Overall, I’m very happy with my first subscription box. If any of you are interested in getting the July box from them, hurry up, orders close in a day. Their theme for July is “Apocalyptic Dimensions” and they have an author letter from Sylvain Neuvel.
I of course couldn’t order the July box because I’m utterly broke 😅. If you’ve read any of the three books, let me know what you think of them.