Hello People !!
I’m back with another award post ! I feel so honoured to be nominated for these awards !
I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition award by Valerie over at Valerie’s Musings. Thank you so much Valerie !! Do check out her blog, it’s lovely !
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I Started Blogging
If you’ve read my Liebster Award post, then you know the brief version of this already. As I’ve mentioned in my intro post, I don’t have many friends who read. Of all the friends I have, only 2 are readers and even those don’t read much because of their hectic lives. So, I have pretty much no one to discuss my favourite reads with (for those thinking “haven’t seen much of that on this blog either”, I know ! I’m getting to it. Working on a review right now !). I then considered starting a booktube channel, but soon realised that talking to a camera is just not my thing ! I find it too funny and I never talk loud enough on camera (otherwise, I’m very loud, which is irritating even for me !). So, starting a blog seemed like a nice idea, though it took some time to find a name that’s not taken. I realised there are bookish dragons and owls and a lot of other animals but no humans, so here we are !!
Advice to new bloggers
I still consider myself a new blogger (it’s only been a month), but to newer bloggers-
- Post what you like writing about, but make that interesting and post regularly, don’t worry about your stats, that’ll build over time.
- Instead of trying to increase followers, try building connections. After all, blogging is about meeting people with similar interests as you and making friends.
- Sophie’s Corner
- Perspective Of A Writer
- Never Not Reading
- Panic at the bookstore
- Bread Reads Books
- Thoughts of Sheryl
- My Bookish Life