Hello everyone !!
I’ve now been nominated for this award 5 times (if I missed out someone, please let me know) !!!! While I’m very grateful to those who nominated me, this means 55 questions to answer. However, don’t worry, I’m not going to do them all in one post but I also don’t want to do 5 different posts. So I’ve decided to do 2 posts for the sunshine blogger award. 2 nominations in this post and 3 in the next.
By now you would’ve realised, this is going to be quite a long post (I will try my best to keep my answers short), so grab a snack and lean back.
The first 2 people to nominate me were Aris from Awkward Aris and Vijaylakshmi from The Reading Desk. Thanks for the nomination. The sunshine blogger award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. FYI, I have no clue what the “sunshine blogger award logo” is, because it’s different on different blogs.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
1.If you could go back in time and witness any one moment in history, what would it be and why? (Hamilton fans be like: just one??)
A: The beginning of the Universe. Let’s just put an end to that mystery. I don’t care if no one believes me when I return. At least I’ll know, that’s enough.
2.What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
A: I’m not someone who eats weird food. I’m not even intrigued by weird food. However, I do like having my pancakes with sambar (which, for those who don’t know, is a spiced lentil stew or chowder. That’s the best definition I found. Sorry if it doesn’t help). People obviously find that weird. So I guess that counts ?
3.What is your favorite word?
A: Baboon. (It’s just fun to say)
4.What is your least favorite word?
A: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. If you had to name a disease, why name it something that long ? The patient would die just by telling 10 people what he suffers from (Okay, that’s an exaggeration but it would be uncomfortable for someone sick to say such a long word anyway)
5.Pineapple on pizza?
6.What question do you hate answering?
A: “Why ?”
7.What type of music do you like?
A: I don’t like any particular “type” of music. It depends on my mood.
8.What’s the worst joke you’ve ever heard?
A: Luckily, I don’t remember.
9.Which country/city would you like to visit the most?
10.What are you opinions on socks?
A: I like them but I don’t wear them, because I’m a very sweaty person and sweaty feet are not pleasant. So, no socks for me, if I can help it.
A: Refer to the answer to question 6.
1.Is there something that you would like to change in a book that you loved? Tell us about it.
A: I wouldn’t change a thing about any of the books I loved.
2. What are your unusual reading habits?
A: I don’t read names that I can’t pronounce when I’m first reading a book, because it hinders my reading experience. I come back to those names after I finish reading the book.
3. Who are your book boyfriends/girlfriends/partners?
A: Conn Conagher from “Conagher by Louis L’Amour”. I read that book a few years back, so now I don’t even remember why I liked this character.
4. Do you remember the first book you ever read? Tell us about it.
A: I don’t remember. I started reading at a very young age, so absolutely no clue.
5. Which is the best book gift you’ve ever received?
A: I don’t receive book gifts usually. I’ve got like 3 book gifts till date, of which the only one I liked was “Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni”. It’s a retelling of The Mahabharata.
6. If you could create a mash-up of book universes, which one’s would you choose to mash together?
A: None. I like them the way they are. I’m not mashing them together.
7. Have you ever written fan-fiction?
A: I do have incomplete fan-fic ideas but I’ve never written any. It’s all in bits and pieces in my head.
8. If you could meet (one of) your favourite author in real life, for one hour, how would you choose to spend that time?
A: Visiting their favourite place with them.
9. Blogging vs Bookstagram vs Booktubing. Which do you enjoy more and why?
A: Blogging. Me and cameras aren’t the best of friends.
10. What are some of the questions that non book-bloggers ask you about reading and blogging that really annoy you?
A: “How do you read such big/thick books ?”
11. Name five books that you are looking forward to reading
A: Just 5 ? here goes, in no particular order –
- Lethal White (4th Cormoran Strike book)
- Ready Player One
- Sleeping Giants (it’ll probably be my next read)
- The Sicillian
That’s all the questions for now. I’m not nominating anyone right now. I’m just not in the frame of mind to think of 11 new questions and nominate 11 people. I might nominate people in my next post for this award.
Have a lovely day !